Padang

Padang

Mittwoch, 3. Oktober 2012

Last days in Padang....

...and our journey ends in Bali

My last 3 days in Padang I mostly spend surfing at Air Manis Beach, approx. 1 hour from Padang. I'm still surprised how fast I was able to stand on the board and ride on the wave and this is one of the most awesome feelings ever! So now I'm kind of addicted to this :)

I still can't believe that this is it! 8 weeks of travelling and 6 weeks of internship in West Sumatra are over.
Our last stop will be Bali and I'm really excited now to go there!

Even though Padang seemed to be really challenging to me in the first place and especially the first week wasn't easy for me at all. When I look back at those 6 weeks I don't regret one single day I spent here or the decision going to Indonesia. Because when I'm honest, this is exactly what I wanted: totally different culture, different religion, way of life, awesome islands, surfing, adventure, food, climate and so on. And on top of this I was to spent this time with some pretty awesome people I met here from all over the world, who I don't want to miss anymore.
Of course, there are still things where you can only shake your head and try to ignore, because I could go on to write about things and behaviors which I just don't understand or don't want to understand and/or accept...but nevertheless, after 6 weeks you can't help but feel kind of home, like when you return back to Padang after a weekend trip or so. You know the streets you wander, you know where to go, know what to eat....and even more important: know what not to eat :)
I'll especially miss my hostfamily, since they are just such nice, hospitable and kind people. Always made me feel welcome and made me feel like home.
Terima Kasih!!!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen